from CVDS press release
Champlain Valley School District is offering publicly funded prekindergarten (PreK) for children between the ages of 3 and 5 who reside in the towns of Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne, St. George and Williston.
Now Enrolling for the 2023-2024 School Year
Children must be at least 3 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2023, to qualify for PreK funding.
What is publicly funded prekindergarten education?
Publicly funded prekindergarten is defined as:
- Ten hours per week (for 35 weeks) of developmentally appropriate early learning experiences that is based on Vermont’s Early Learning Standards.
- Children who reside in Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne, St. George and Williston; and will be 3, 4 or 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023; and who are not attending kindergarten, are eligible for universal PreK funding from CVSD. Funding is limited to 35 weeks during the academic school year (September 2023 – June 2024).
- Publicly-funded PreK services can be found in schools and qualified community-based programs (homes and centers).
- The state tuition rate paid to community-based private PreK providers on behalf of CVSD children attending prekindergarten during the 2023-2024 school year is $3,764.
How do I apply?
- The full registration packet is available on CVSD’s website at tinyurl.com/C33RBSWE
- You will need to enroll your child with the private pre-qualified prekindergarten program and register directly with the school district for Act 166 funding.
For additional information about publicly funded prekindergarten or if you have any concerns about your child’s development, please visit the CVSD website or contact Erin Gagne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Early Education team provides developmental screenings in the areas of communication, social-emotional development, motor skills, adaptive development, and cognition.
If you have questions about the CVSD Act 166 registration process, contact Suzanne Curtis at email@example.com or 802-985-1903.